Hello to all authors and publishers! I would love to be given the opportunity to help rate and review your book! I am currently accepting books for reviews! I would like to be honest up front and say I am only accepting books in the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres, young adult and adult.
Reading for me is something fun and adventurous that I do in my free time to escape the drags of every day life, so because of this I want to read books I will actually enjoy that will transport me to that realm of magical realism. Because of this I do reserve the right to deny a book that I do not feel I would enjoy. I do not want to go into a book knowing I will give it a negative review, not only is that not fair to me but it is not fair to the author and publisher when there are other reviewers that would rate it much higher than me.
- I will always give my honest opinion which includes but is not limited to my likes and dislikes about the writing and the story.
- As stated above, I will only accept books of the Science Fiction and Fantasy genres (young adult or adult).
- Also as stated above, I reserve the right to say no to your book.
- I prefer printed books but depending I am willing to accept ebooks.
- My reviews will be posted on my Goodreads, Bookstagram, and on this blog. I will also be able to add a review on Barnes & Noble and Amazon once the release date is upon us. Other reviewing platforms can added upon request.
- Please let me know what the timeframe is for reviewing your book so I can schedule accordingly.
My rating style:
I rate on a 5 star scale (because most platforms are set up that way). I base my rating on several factors, including: how entertained I was by the story, how well I was captivated by the story, the characters and their growth (this one is big for me), and by the world building (another big one for me). If I do not connect to the world and the characters in said world, my rating goes down because I become less interested in the story. With that being said here is my scale breakdown:
- 1 star: This book did not work for me at all.
- 2 stars: I didn’t hate it, but I also didn’t particularly like it.
- 3 stars: I liked it, but i consider it an average book.
- 4 stars: This book was very good and I liked it A LOT!
- 5 stars: I loved this book and thought it was incredible.
I will do my best to never leave a DNF (did not finish) review. I again feel it is not fair to me or to the author or publisher. I think it promotes such a negative view towards the book when just because it wasn’t for me that shouldn’t stop someone else from reading it and loving it. This is why I am limiting the books I will accept to the genres I love most of all.
To request a review from me please fill out the following form: